- Currency : US dollar only.
- Denomination: US$ 1,000 and its multiples.
- Minimum amount : US$ 1,000 without a maximum limit.
- Term: 3 years.
- Interest rate and frequency: Fixed rate of 4% annually, to be disbursed semi-annually.
- Renewal: It is automatically renewed under the same terms and conditions at the announced rate unless NBE (the issuer) otherwise announces. If the customer opts not to renew the Certificate, s/he shall notify the Bank (the seller), or any of NBE's branches in Egypt (the issuer) or agents from whom s/he made the purchase no less than one month before the maturity date
- The Certificate should not be redeemed before six months from the Certificate's effective date or its automatic renewal date.
- The Certificate is redeemed in full value at the same currency at maturity date. However, redemption may be made before maturity date by notifying NBE (the Issuer) no less than one month before the maturity date as follows:
- If redemption takes place during month 7 to 12 from the Certificate's effective date (before disbursement of Coupon 2), 90% of the disbursed interests is discounted.
- If redemption takes place during month 13 to 24 from the Certificate's effective date (before disbursement of Coupon 4), 75% of the disbursed interests is discounted.
- If redemption takes place during month 25 to 36 from the Certificate's effective date (after disbursement of Coupon 4), 50% of the disbursed interests is discounted.
- The customer may redeem the Certificate via any of NBE's branches inside Egypt or the (selling) bank or the agent of the (issuing) bank through which the Certificate was purchased, and the redemption Value will be credited to the customer's account stated in the redemption application.
- Other features:
- It is a nominal certificate for and secured by the Egyptian Government that may not be negotiated. It is issued to Egyptian expatriates in their names or in the names of the Beneficiaries via their transfers incoming from abroad within the period of purchasing the Certificate.
- For the certificates purchased up to day 25 of the month, the certificate term is three years starting as of the first day of the month following the purchase month. For the certificates purchased after day 25 of the month, the term starts as of the second following month of purchase.
- Interest is settled at its maturity date through one of the following alternatives as per the customer's request in the purchasing application:
- crediting the interest value to the customer's account with NBE without service charges and without calculating interest on the account’s balance;
- crediting the interest value to the bank through which the certificate was purchased
- crediting the interest value to the customer's account in USD with banks inside or outside Egypt.
- Certificates are sold to Egyptian expatriates via:
- NBE's agents in Arab countries and correspondents abroad
- Banks participating in selling the certificate through their branches and head offices in Arab countries and abroad as shown below
||National Bank of Abu Dhabi
||National Bank of Kuawit
||Arab Bank (ANB)
||Ahly United Bank
Sultanate of Oman
UAE/ through the bank; Agencies in Arab Countries
|Call - Center