· The Certificate is nominal and may not be negotiated, endorsed, transferred, discounted, pledged or disposed of via any form of ownership transfer.
· Currency: Egyptian pound.
· Term: 3 years as of the business day following the purchase date.
· Denomination: EGP 1,000 and its multiples.
· Targeted customers: natural persons (adults and minors) only.
· Interest rate: for interest rates, click here.
· Type of interest rate: variable and above CBE's deposit rate (Bid Corridor) by 0.25%, to be applied to all existing and new customers as of the business day following the change of CBE's deposit rate.
· Interest disbursement frequency: Interest is paid quarterly, accruing as of the business day following the purchase date.
o The Certificate is redeemable only 6 months as of the business day following the purchase date.
o The Certificate is fully redeemable in nominal value as at maturity date. However, it may be prematurely redeemed in accordance with the applicable redemption rates.
o Customer may borrow against these certificates from any NBE branch in accordance with the applicable regulations and interest rates on the date of borrowing.
o All types of credit cards may be issued against the certificate.